If you’re looking out for ideas to greatly improve your rental property, changing your lighting for the better or upgrading it is an acceptable place to start. Installing new lighting can make your rental look more appealing to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and enable you to keep your rates competitive. This blog post will touch on the lights you should install in your rental property and why they are essential. Well, in addition, give you tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
With regards to lighting your rental property, you should install three important types: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with wide, general illumination. This type of light is basic for making a space feel comfortable and quite appealing. It’s, in particular, necessary for safety to help prevent trips and falls. You can make use of ambient lighting in your rental property by putting ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task lighting is most often designed to light up specific room areas where people work. This type of light is principal for establishing a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can take advantage of task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent lighting is primarily used to highlight specific features of a room or to create a certain vibe. This style of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can easily include accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When getting lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s vital to choose the ideal fixtures that are durable and not difficult to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance a lot easier over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Ascertain to choose fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Get fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Make sure to get bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have a lot of beneficial values for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Affixing new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: Adding new lighting can make your rental property more alluring to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Updating your lighting can certainly help you to keep your rental rates competitive.
Upgrading and using new lighting in your rental property can be an excellent way to change the look and feel of your space. It can, on top of everything else, help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By applying the tips in this blog post, you can quickly choose the appropriate fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises various significant questions. If you’re looking for some expert advice on upgrades that will tender you the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional property managers today.